Monday, March 15, 2010

I'm not breaking up with Windows, but we're seeing other people

I’ve decided to avoid Windows 7, whenever possible, and rely on Mac and Linux to power my primary systems (you may have seen ).

So, a lot of you are probably wondering why I’m stepping away from Windows at this point. From a technological standpoint, Windows 7 isn’t too bad. As I’ve said before, the best thing you can say about Windows 7 is that it does a better job of getting itself out of the way.

My issues with Windows 7 are mostly bigger concerns with Microsoft
• Microsoft still badly overcharges for Windows
• Microsoft should have made Windows 7 a free upgrade for Vista owners
• Windows 7 does very little to innovate on the OS
• Microsoft refuses to change the default installation of Windows for better reliability
• After so many versions, Windows 7 feels like the Weasley’s house in Harry Potter, with stuff bolted on all over the place

Read the full story at techrepublic.com by Jason Hiner

No comments: