Tuesday, August 25, 2009

District 9 Movie Review

Well what can I say everyone has been waxing on about how wonderful this District 9 movie is and so we went to see it. First let me say I am a hugh Science Fiction fan and my wife is not (but she enjoys an interesting movie). That being said we both HATED this movie!!!



Good:
• Aliens looked realistic
• Weapons looked realistic and interesting
• Spaceships looked realistic
• My wife liked the little alien bug :)
• Cat food & Nigerian gangsters were amusing

Bad:
• Documentary story type filming, awful!
• Story line, we hated it!!! We kept waiting for the movie to get better and it never did.
• I kept wishing that someone would kill off the main character! Seriously I was that irritated every time he spoke.
• My wife thought the main character was like Mr. Bean and just could not take the whole movie seriously.
• If you like boring social commentary about South Africa in the from of Science Fiction and movies that end with a dull thud then you may like this movie.
Its been a long time since I have seen people getup and walk out of a movie but they did for this one and I wish we were one of them. What a total waste of money! So if you feel compelled to see this movie save your money and wait till it hits the dollar theater or rent it on redbox.


No comments: