Friday, October 10, 2008

Creationist Adnan Oktar offers trillion-pound prize for fossil proof of evolution

Turkish creationist Adnan Oktar has just offered ten trillion lira - a mouth-watering $7.5 trillion (10 trillion Turkish lira or £4.4trn) - to "anyone who produces a single intermediate-form fossil demonstrating evolution". So Paleontologists: this could be your lucky day!

Mr Oktar is a household name in Turkey after publishing hundreds of books, pamphlets and DVDs to contest Darwin's theory of evolution.

Using the pen name Harun Yahya, his book The Atlas Of Creation sold 10,000 copies worldwide. The 800-page book detailed his claims that for millions of years life forms have not developed, thus supporting his Islamic creationist beliefs.

The former architecture student claims there are no fossils to support Charles Darwin's theory of evolution. He said: "Not one [fossil] belongs to strange-looking creatures in the course of development of the kind supposed by evolutionists."

However IMHO as usual I am sure evolutionists will not take up the offer after all its much better to worship at the alter of science rather then actually prove anything with oh say real facts. Yup I am still waiting to see a half man / monkey running around the forest. OK, no I don't think big foot is real or nor do I think there are little green men from mars too. So in the end I have always said that evolutionists have much more faith then I do, with my faith in a wise creator. Oh am sure to make some evolutionists angry but hey I have been running my watch in a tumbler for days and you know all the little parts have not magically reassembled them selfs, but you know it could happen it was a nice watch : )

No comments: